Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cook cook cooking!

I'm  a nerd.  We know this.  Mike, being the awesome BF he is, finally relented to my ongoing cooking-for-12 tendencies and got a new CHEST FREEZER from Costco!  Of course, I felt the need to fill it with delicious things right away.



I went a little nuts.

I spent most of last Sunday cooking - the end result looked like this:


That's a total of:
Double batch of spaghetti sauce & spaghetti squash (Recipe)
Taco Soup (Recipe)
Chicken and Chickpea Stew (Recipe)
Endive and Fennel Soup (Recipe)
Chicken Enchilada Bake-thing (Recipe)

I bagged it all in 1c portions (or applicable portion size) and Foodsaver-ed it all.  DELICIOUS!  I relocated my meat to the chest freezer, and now our upstairs freezer is full of beautiful, flat food. :)

2 comments:

  1. When we first got a fridge/freezer to put in our garage I went nuts cooking for it. I stuffed the whole thing full of yummy stuff, smugly closed the doors and thought to myself "Oh my god, my 21 year old self would be die of embarrassment if she knew her future hobbies. " But I totally get the glee! It's fantastic! And not a day goes by that I'm not so happy we have one.

    Oh, and also: I am a giant dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I wish I had the time or energy to do all that meal prep for my family! You rock!

    ReplyDelete