Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How is it Tuesday?

Recap of running since ... Thursday of last week:

Friday: 3 miles after work.  Supposed to be a progression run, but, uh, I just ran.  And kept running.  So that was fun.  Showered and had my PJ's on before hubs even got home from work.  PARTY ANIMAL. 

Saturday:  4 mile 'long' run.  So, I don't have a great history of morning runs.  I'm NOT a morning person and generally have little to no 'go' in the mornings.  On a quest to change this, I set myself up for success on Saturday morning.  My alarm went off at the same time I get up for work.  My Keurig was pre-loaded, my clothes laid out, and the breafast (PB & J toast) staged.  Instead of inhaling the food and busting out the door, I made myself sit and watch tv, and, well, wake up. 

The one thing I didn't bank on?  The rain.  Yep.  Full on rainstorm outside.  Oh well.  I didn't bother to look at the radar before I left, but this is what it looked like when I got home.  Orange and dark orange?  Yipes.



2 uphill miles, 2 downhill miles.  Done in 47:53.  SOAKING WET at the end, with puddles in my shoes.  No blisters.  I call it a win.

Sunday:  Rest day.  Didn't eat much on Saturday, was RAVENOUS. 

Monday:  3 miles after work.  Oh DST, you slay me.  Was so excited to have enough daylight to take JJ to the dog park after work AND run I spent too much time changing.  Only got 2 miles in before it got too dark for me to feel safe.  Oh well. 

So, overall feelings with a full week of training in... I can do this. 


 Yeah, it's a time commitment, and I am going to have to fight to schedule my Saturday runs.  BUT!  Mike is supporting me.  I'm eating the right things.  Mel is very quick to reply to my many questions.  As a lyric from one of my favorite songs goes... "I've got a smile on my face and four walls around me"...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great training week! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a similar journey - weight loss, found running (LOVE IT) and found you via Tall Mom. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete