Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

breakfast

I've been eating the same breakfast for almost three months now - and am still loving it. It's an adaptation of an Alton Brown recipe for overnight oatmeal. My main issue right now is that it doesn't have a ton of protein...but it fills me up until lunchtime...so...

Recipe:

1/4 c Steel Cut Oats
1 c Water
1/2 tsp brown sugar
Raisins, etc to taste

Combine oats & water in Pyrex. Place Pyrex in water bath in Crockpot. Turn on crockpot for 8-10 hours.

Remove oatmeal from Pyrex. Add 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar & half-handful raisins. Enjoy!

Mike even added an auto light timer to the plug for my crockpot, so it automatically turns off and on. (This was after two nights of getting into bed, relaxing, saying good night, then going OH SHIT, OATMEAL).

I'm really enjoying it, and it's second nature now to head home from work, wash the pyrex, put in the oats & water, and get the crockpot set up for the next morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment