Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Funk-week.

I've been in a bit of a funk this week.  Why?  Who knows.  I went to a bad mental place on Tuesday afternoon, had a few too many beers on Tuesday night (I RARELY drink on school nights)  AND indulged in some drunk Doritos.  

I had to have a Diet Coke (my first in months) on Wednesday AM to recover from the hangover symptoms.   I followed that up with half of a doughnut in a 90 minute meeting.  (And after resisting last week's treats so well!)

But, it's okay.  I've been SO good lately, and I'm not going to be perfect all the time.

I was back on track until a co-worker, who tried to get me to go downstairs to get a warm cookie, returned from said trip with a cookie for me.  And waived it under my nose.  It was 460 calories, the same amount that my giant salad + pasta/chicken sausage lunch was.  I haven't had sugar (outside of honey) in over a week, and it was So Damn Good.

But it's okay.  I'm not going to be perfect all the time.

So much of the last five months has been taken day to day.  Get through toDAY.  Eat right toDAY.  This week, I'm letting things relax.  I can have a cookie.  Yes, it does mean extra time exercising, but that's okay.  We need to enjoy life, and not let our self-inflicted rules determine our moods.

I'm not going to feel guilty for breaking one of my rules when I know I'm not 100% and I have the time to work it out tonight.  I'm not going to feel guilty for having Doritos while sobbing watching Deadliest Catch.  I'm not going to feel guilty for one-time occurrences when I have another 30 lbs and many months to go.  I'm in this for the long haul - and this week will be but a blip.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're in a funk. And I'm really sorry your co-worker is a jerk. I'm not sorry you ate the cookie, though, because I love cookies, too. Good thing you can see this week for what it is and move forward - yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You have worked so hard and you are doing great! At least you realize what is going on and can make changes appropriately. Hope the funk passes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete