Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Monday!

It's Monday!  I'm posting! Huzzah! 

I apologize for being a bit MIA/emo over the last three weeks.  I've been SLAMMED at work, and when I go home, I'm not really in the mood to look at the computer anymore.  I'll try and make the bloggy rounds this week - hopefully work will calm down by the end of the week.

No big update on ankle front.  It's still sore.  Double score this weekend - I can now fit into a pair of jeans I've never been able to get into before AND they fit over the boot!   My pants wardrobe has DOUBLED.

I have been focusing more on cooking/menu planning.  I've been trying out new recipes that both M & I can enjoy and take for lunches...

A few recent 'wins':

Bruschetta Burgers - Grass-fed Beef patties, topped with a bit of basalmic, sliced basil, a tomato slice, and mozzarella, on a Sandwich Thin.  A+, perfect for summer evenings.  I inhaled these both times I've made them.

Baked Salmon and a Big Ass Salad - I went on a produce buying spree last week, and enjoyed a BAS almost everyday last week.  I think I even had them for lunch and dinner a few days!  I chop up the veggies the night before, and put them into a separate container.  I add them in to the lettuce when I'm ready to eat.   I'm a bit of a seafood snob, so I prefer my salmon (fresh, not frozen) prepared in the simplest way possible.  My go-do is in an uncovered baking dish with lemons and a bit of Johnny's Seasoning on top.  Bake for 30-45 mins.  DELICIOUS


- Autumn in July - Simply prepared chicken w/ roasted acorn squash.  I'm in heaven.  I made this on Friday, snacked on it all weekend, and just finished up the leftovers for lunch today.  Super easy to make, smells amazing, and healthy!  Seriously, make this this week. 

- Greek Salads - There's a few different ways I've been eating this for the last week.  Sometimes, I smear some Greek Yogurt/Tahini into a pita and stuff the salad in.  Sometimes I just toss the salad w/ plain Greek Yogurt and inhale (like today).  So light yet filling - it's just cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, and lemon juice.  NOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment