Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What in the HECK am I doing to my shoes?

While lacing up for a 4 mile run last night (at happy pace! My favorite of all the paces!) I noticed something odd on my left shoe.



A full on hole!  From my big toe!  The heck!?  I had a slight hole in the fabric there on my last pair of shoes, but I never broke through the webbing like this.

I guess I run with my big toe Up?  Does anyone else do this?

Anyways.  Run was great.  iPod was dead, and remembered I had a backup Shuffle I had loaded with my favorite songs!  I found the Shuffle & headed out, pounding the feelings of a HORRIBLE day out on the pavement.  By the end I was nearly skipping, singing along with Robyn, and quacking at geese.

Yeah, I'm classy like that.

6 comments:

  1. You ran right through your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that is awesome! I actually do find myself occasionally running with my big toe up, which I need to stop doing cause I don't want black toenails. I wish I could have seen your performance! It sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quaking at geese?!? LOOOVE this. Seriously, that's awesome!
    Sounds like a fun run though?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-goodness!! I've never seen a toe break through like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing to my shoes. Come to think of it, my slippers look the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This product is called Shoe Armour - Shoe Hole Prenention Insert and prevents toe holes in running shoes (pinky toe and big toe).

    www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGI2JAG

    ReplyDelete