Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Recap


One of the first blogs I ever read on a regular basis was Linda over at Sundry Mourning.  She's done this recap for many years, and I figure it's my turn, albeit a few days late. :) 

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?



Ran.  Cooked.  (Well, cooked well!)  Lost 40 lbs.  Went on two business trips to NYC.  Rode by myself on an NYC Subway - something I had always wanted to do.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?



No.  I don't really do resolutions, and I sure as hell didn't do them heading into 2010.  Winter of 2009 was a lousy point in my life & I was in no frame of mind to think things could change.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Yes!  Our two best couple friends both gave birth to baby girls.  They're 3 months apart, but the same size.  JUMBO BABY!  I love those girls and I already assured both sets of parents they will never need to worry about outfitting their daughters on Saturdays in the fall.


4. Did anyone close to you die?




Yes.  My dad.  


5. What countries did you visit?



Canada, for our trip to Tofino for my birthday.  It's my favorite place in the world, and I'm trying to figure out how to get back in April/May.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?



More drive at work.  Being more gentle with myself - no one is perfect.


7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?



March when I started my C25K class.  August when I hurt my ankle.  September for YGG.  October for two things: My NYC trip & my dad passing.  It's crazy to think within 14 days I went from arriving at Newark for a 6 day stay to saying goodbye to my dad.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?



Losing weight.  I've battled with it my entire life, and finally finding a program that works for me (and seeing the results of so much hard work) made me so happy.

9. What was your biggest failure?



There's lots of stuff I was disappointed in myself for, but I don't know if I had an absolute failure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?




11. What was the best thing you bought?



My running shoes & lululemon pants.  Our trip to Tofino.  The upcoming cruise (hey, I paid for it all in 2010!)

12. Where did most of your money go?



Paying off the credit card.  Groceries.  Yarn.

13. What did you get really excited about?



My NYC trips.  The May one was for a big conference, where I would be meeting many people I work with face-to-face for the first time.  It was an INSANE week.  The second trip was more informal for business reviews.  I managed my agenda so I could have some free time in NYC.  It was mid-60s all week, a few meetings got canceled, and I got to eat at one of the best restaurants in the world.  

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?



Bulletproof - La Roux
Crazy Game of Poker - O.A.R. (live)  

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:


– happier or sadder? Happier

– thinner or fatter? thinner, stronger, all of the above plz

– richer or poorer? Financially richer, emotionally richer


16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Knit.  Put more time into friendships & my relationship w/ Mike.



17. What do you wish you’d done less of?



Worrying about things out of my control.  Bitching about meaningless things.

18. How did you spend Christmas?



This year was tough.  We've spent Christmas Eve with my dad since I was 9.  This was the first year I spent the whole day w/ Mike's family.  Had breakfast/dinner with them, then headed to my mom & step-dad's house.  Christmas morning there, then presents with entire fam & Mike at grandpa's house.  

19. What was your favorite TV program?



Ooo.  Breaking Bad.  Southland.  Intervention.  Amazing Race.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?



Ugh, you'd think I would read more, given my job. 

Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Graceling, The Maze Runner (!!! SO GOOD)

21. What was your favorite music from this year?



La Roux.  Great Big Sea.  Crazy Heart Soundtrack.  

22. What were your favorite films of the year?



I don't watch a ton of movies.  I usually just re-watch movies I love.  So!

Wall Street
Ocean's 11, 12, 13
Inception
Mean Girls (Secret: I have this at work, and listen to it about 1x a week)

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?




I turned 25 this week, and think I went to work.  We went to Tofino that weekend (without JJ) (picture from our deck at sunset) 



24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?



A good female friendship.  I've been without a BFF, lame.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?



T-shirt, Jeans, Cowl/scarf.  Flip-flops or Frye boots.  So, you know, typical Seattle.

26. What kept you sane?



Mike, most of the time. :)  He's my rock.
JJ, most of the time. :)  He's my little clown.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.



Change is possible.  You just have to want it enough. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your re-cap chelsea. please post more knitting projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really nice post. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just found your blog and really enjoy it. :) I look forward to following you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post darlin :) You have done some amazing things.. HUGS!!

    Will you knit me something someday?? I love scarves..

    ReplyDelete